In this tutorial we will create a circular text with AutoCad using the ARCTEXT command.
The ARCTEXT command is an EXPRESS TOOLS , so we must have this tool package installed in AutoCad.
We draw the curved shape we want the text to have with the ARC command.
Using the ARC command, we draw the arcs that will shape the text, it is important to do it with this command, since it does not work with other types of objects, neither circles neither polylines neither splines, only it go with arcs. In the case that we have these objects drawed and we want to give that shape to the text we can draw arcs on top of that shape and once the text is created, we could delete the arcs.
Arc text creation with the ARCTEXT Command
To make the text in arc:
- Using the ARCTEXT command.
- Or we can also find this tool in the EXTRESS TOOLS tab, in the Text panel.
We indicate the arch that will guide us, and it will open the dialogue box where we can create the text and configure its characteristics.
ArcAlignedText Workshop dialog box options
a.- Pick boxes:
It establish controls for the location of the text in relation to the arc and its length. The drag wizard controls the behavior of the text when the arc is moved.
- 1.-Change the order of the letters in the text
- 2.- Controls the behaviour of the text when the arc moves.
- 3.- Define the alignment of the text L to the left, R to the right, F justified, C centred
- 4.-Controls for the location of the text in relation to the arch, outside or inside.
- 5.- Controls for the text orientation in relation to the center of the arch.
- 6.- Text Format Controls B Bold, I Italic, U underlined
- 7.- Control the color of the text.
- 8-9.- Control the text style
- 10.- Box where we write the text
b.- Properties box:
In this box we specify the properties of the text.
- 11.- Height of the text
- 12.-Text width factor.
- 13.- Character spacing
- 14.- Offset from the arc, the offset from the left and the offset from the right
The options are accessible from the File, Edit, Format, and About menus in the ArcAlignedText Workshop dialog box. The Update to AutoCAD command on the File menu command closes the dialog box and saves the changes. The command Exit to AutoCAD cancels any changes made in the dialog box.
Download File dwg poster restaurant lavel
Download this tutorial on PDF